data ethics course update
This week in the lab’s data ethics course, students explored Georgetown’s existing data policies by interacting with a raft of guest speakers:
- Judd Nicholson (Vice President and Chief Information Officer)
- Melissa Constanzi (Senior Associate Director, Undergraduate Admissions)
- Annamarie Bianco (Associate Vice President and University Registrar)
- LeNaya Hezel (Director of the Veterans Office)
- Carol Day (Director of Health Education Services)
Getting a firm handle on the university’s existing policies, protocols, concerns, hopes and known issues with data handling is an essential step on the way to offering concrete recommendations for changes to that system at the semester’s end. And today’s speakers—described by course design mentor Jesse Flores as “the university’s data stewards and shepherds”—are essential to the course’s overall goal of understanding and working to protect Georgetown’s data.